Saturday, February 14, 2009

More Pîctures

Saturday, February 14, 2009
I just updated the photos that I took today while I was meandering around town. I also added the pictures I took of my apartment. I hope to upload a video tour of my apartment soon, but my internet connection is bad right now. Hopefully by Wednesday, I will have a better connection to upload it and communicate with everyone more often.

Today, I was able to walk around the city (at least to the south) to discover some of the treasures of Valladolid. I know some of these pictures look like nothing more than buildings, but they truly are beautiful in person. I still didn't see any cathedrals (my roommates tell me they are more to the east and north), but I saw some wonderful fountains and a large plaza. Other than that, we have been hanging around in the apartment. Shops usually close around 3:00 or so on Saturdays, so there isn't much to do. On Sundays, everything is closed, according to my roommates, so I probably won't be doing much tomorrow either.

One thing that I noticed yesterday, that I mentioned to my Mom, was that the people here seem to like ham. Everything has ham on it: pizza, frozen dinners, even chips are ham flavored! It is really interesting to pick up on the little cultural differences that define us.

Anyway, that's it so far. I guess I will update this again on Monday or something. (I assume we won't be doing anything too exciting tomorrow.) Take care everyone.

3 comments:

MattsDad said...

Your room looks just like your one at home with the cute little bears.

mamck688 said...

hahaha...very funny...Yeah, our landlord and her family moved out just days before we moved in, so she didn't have time to completely repaint everything. Plus, my roommates got here before I did, so they chose the biggest/less cheesy rooms. I got stuck with this one, but it's okay. I actually like it, because it is in the middle of the apartment. I'm close to the bathroom, the kitchen, and the living room.

Anonymous said...

The city does look very nice and I am sure it looks even better than the pictures. By the way be sure to look "both ways" even though streets are one way. Some have been known to go the wrong way on a one way street. Ha

Keep on posting.

Post a Comment